HUMAN RESOURCES (HR)
Seattle, WA On-site Meeting Dates: Friday, August 5th through Tuesday, August 9th 2022
Virtual Meeting Dates: Thursday, August 4th through Wednesday, August 10th 2022
We are seeking proposals for the HR Division Professional Development Workshop (PDW) sessions for the 2022 Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting. You are encouraged to work with colleagues both within and outside of the HR Division in developing and submitting proposals for PDW sessions, which may again be intermingled with the scholarly sessions over the full span of the conference program this year.
The PDW format is highly flexible and can take nearly any form (workshops, tutorials, panels, debates, round table discussions, etc.). PDWs provide opportunities to experiment with new models and ideas that do not fit within the confines of the scholarly program. Think about the sessions you wish were offered but have not seen on the program. The HR Division encourages the submission of creative ideas for interactive sessions that actively engage participants in learning new information, acquiring new skills and techniques, or addressing pressing issues or questions. PDWs can address any issue of concern to HR scholars and/or practitioners. Sessions on linking HR research and practice, international HR, teaching, and facilitating Division member professional development are especially encouraged, given the expressed interests of our membership. Finally, please also consider but do not feel bound by the 2022 conference theme, "Creating A Better World Together".
For this year’s conference, it is anticipated that roughly 70% of accepted submissions will have the opportunity to be delivered on-site in-person, with the other 30% of submissions delivered virtually on the conference platform (both asynchronously and synchronously). A portion of on-site in-person sessions will also be streamed on the conference platform. We encourage submitters to examine how they might embrace a particular delivery mode, and indicate in their proposals if the submission should be considered for the PDW Program as an on-site in-person only session, a synchronous virtual only session, an asynchronous virtual only session, or a live-streamed on-site session.
If you have questions or would like to discuss or suggest a potential workshop idea, please contact the HR Division PDW Chair, Kaifeng Jiang. This is particularly important if you are considering a teaching-related session, as it may be possible to package your idea together with another teaching-related session to form a longer teaching-oriented PDW (thus increasing the likelihood of acceptance).
All proposals should be submitted using the AOM Submission Center. Please be sure to follow AOM’s PDW Guidelines for Submissions. The submission system opens early December 2021. The submission deadline is Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 5:00 PM ET (NY Time) but earlier submissions are encouraged. Also note that submissions have increased in recent years. Space on the PDW program is limited and highly competitive. We cannot guarantee that all proposals will be accepted.
AOM 2022 Key Dates
- Annual Meeting Program coming soon!
- 5-9 August
Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington, USA
- 4-10 August:
Annual Meeting on the Virtual Platform